As a Content Strategist, you’ll divide your time between providing strategic content direction for internal teams and client stakeholders. The ideal candidate will work alongside designers, product owners and strategists to solve complex UX challenges while creating delightful content experiences that empower users, build trust, and meet business objectives.
You should be comfortable synthesizing actionable content strategies using insights obtained from user-centered research and UX best practices. You will have a demonstrated ability to clearly and confidently articulate decision-making rationale to team members and client stakeholders.
This position reports to Kanopi's Manager of Creative Services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Define content journeys across the entirety of a client product.
- Be the voice and champion for user-focused content strategy internally and with client stakeholders.
- Advocate for best practices for creating rich, accessible content experiences.
- Optimize existing content to maximize effective delivery of messaging.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure project Information Architecture considers actual content as part of its iterative design and UX process.
- Provide ongoing guidance on tone, voice, and communication strategy to clients.
- Develop content schedules for clients, including but not limited to content outlines/templates, editorial calendars, character counts, etc.
- Innovate and integrate new methodologies and models for content tone and strategy.
- Act as an advocate for content strategy implementation, supporting the overall efforts of the UX/UI team.
- Collaborate with internal teams to refine and elevate Kanopi’s marketing initiatives
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who have…
- 3+ years of experience in UX writing, content design, content analysis, and/or content structure and modeling.
- Our preference is that you’ve worked remotely or with a distributed project team
- A strong portfolio showing specific examples of content strategy, content modeling, and UX writing.
- Clear and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, including:
- The ability to distill complex technical concepts into easily digestible stories.
- Impeccable writing and grammatical skills.
- Inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
- A working understanding of web accessibility guidelines.
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Google suite of tools.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.