The Drupal Tech Lead is responsible for:
As a Technical Lead you are able to visualize the project architecture and lead the technical team throughout execution. It is your overall responsibility to ensure technical development is on track. You will create user stories with level of effort estimates, work with clients directly, and manage developers by encouraging productivity, quality and accountability. You will focus your efforts to meet development schedules, stated estimates, technical specifications and design requirements. This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to Katherine White, Chief Technology Officer.
Your typical work week might include:
- Building and supporting a wide variety of Drupal sites.
- Talking directly with clients about their technical challenges and business needs and documenting their requirements.
- Working with UX, Design, and management team members to plan a project in the early phases.
- Owning the project team’s overall technical approach, defining project tasks and estimates, and being a point of continuity.
- Providing architectural vision that helps your developers guide their implementation decisions.
- Answering questions from and providing mentorship to others on your team.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of Drupal experience providing technical solutions and consulting.
- Have strong writing and architecture skills, with the ability to produce comprehensive user stories and technical specification documentation.
- Have experience managing and working with distributed project teams.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage an issue queue and stay ahead of the client.
- Have the ability to deal with a fast paced environment, multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Possess strong problem solving abilities, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Have an awareness of performance, configuration and development best practices.
- Possess PHP coding, SQL administration and optimization, and Unix/Linux server administration.
- Have a passion for the web, open source development, and working with a bunch of fun people with a great sense of humor.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.