ABOUT THE JOB
As an IT Specialist at Kanopi Studios, you will lead and manage a wide range of IT functions to help meet the unique challenges of a fully remote organization. A successful person in this role is an excellent communicator, resourceful, collaborative, and takes initiative when faced with ambiguity. You will report to Katherine White, Chief Technology Officer.
Your day-to-day will be a combination of the following:
- Mac OS IT management and support
- Troubleshooting hardware and software challenges with your teammates
- Licensing and provisioning software and hardware
- Administering a Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform
- Monitoring and enforcing security protocols
- Acquiring, rotating, and retiring hardware
- SaaS platform management and configuration, including Google Workspace
- Provisioning user accounts, managing permissions and access
- Supporting *nix servers for internally-hosted, cloud-based applications
- Scripting utilities for the same
- Vetting and researching new tools and platforms
- Assisting with SaaS platform migration and implementation
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This position is full-time. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have experience managing infrastructure for and within a remote organization
- Have experience with Apple/Mac OS hardware administration
- Have experience with *nix server administration and *nix shell scripting
- Are skilled in supportive help desk communication and issue triage
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Google Cloud, AWS, Netlify administration
- ISO 27001 compliance implementation
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.