ABOUT THE JOB
As a UX Strategist, you are responsible for constructing the strategy and user experience approach for cutting-edge web experiences. You will work closely with Kanopi’s development teams to create the strategic blueprint for front-end experiences and tackle complex problems in a fun and team-oriented environment.
You will lead clients through the Discovery process, including but not limited to: stakeholder interviews, user feedback collection, and data analysis.
You will also lead clients to formalize an articulation and go-forward strategy for the User Experience phase. Taking the Discovery strategy and translating it into deliverables like user flows, customer journey maps, competitor reviews, Information Architecture (IA), sitemaps, template identification, content strategy, and responsive clickable/non-clickable wireframes.
You will be challenged to craft websites using a user-centered and data-driven approach, implementing usability testing to support your user experience approach, and can articulate the "why" behind your decisions. You can find the balance between what the client wants and what the user needs, and can make a case to gain client approval.
This position reports to Kanopi's Manager of Creative Services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead clients and participates in Discovery and UX work sessions
- Create polished project artifacts like user flows, customer journey maps, IA, sitemaps, wireframes, etc.
- Implement usability and user testing for user-centric, data-driven UX work
- Contribute and collaborate with the creative services team to help elevate deliverables
- Approach the User Experience deliverables using an atomic design principle methodology, streamlining the user interactions for visual implementation into pattern libraries, etc.
- Most importantly, have fun working with an incredible team!
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have 5+ years of professional experience in web strategy and user experience
- Have 3+ of your years of experience working within an agency setting, preferably working remotely or with a distributed project team
- Have a strong portfolio providing examples of the deliverables mentioned within the job description
- Are experienced providing professional client services
- Implement a mobile-first user experience methodology
- Demonstrate professionalism and are responsive to client needs
- Respond quickly and remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- Are comfortable context-switching between multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment
- Demonstrate proactive verbal and written communication skills
- Take initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks
- Commit to delivering high-quality work with an eye on time and budget
- Anticipate client needs and proactively communicate potential issues
- Have a passion for the web, open source development, and working with a community of fun, humorous folks!
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.