Lullabot is seeking a full-time Drupal Developer who will thrive as part of the innovative and supportive Client Services team. We are looking for someone who writes organized, well-documented code, strives to follow coding standards and implement best practices, and who succeeds when working collaboratively on a team with content strategists, designers, developers, project managers, project owners and clients.
The successful candidate will have strong technical skills combined with the ability to be creative and compassionate. They'll be able to manage themselves in a 100% remote-work environment and will possess excellent communication habits in order to work well with other team members and clients. Equally important is that this individual will aspire to embody our Core Values:
- Inspire & Empower - share what you know and attempt to make those around you better than yourself.
- Be Human - strive to be honest, humane, friendly, caring, and humble.
- Kick Ass - be awesome and do work that you can be proud of.
- Invent & Innovate - seek out new possibilities and solutions to create success.
- Collaborate Openly - work as a team with sharing and trust to accomplish more.
- Have Fun - focus on the positive and downplay competition and negativism.
Lullabot is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to be a place where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and feel safe while doing so. We not only believe this is a core part of our Be Human value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!
- Working in a collaborative development team, usually consisting of back-end and front-end engineers and a technical project manager.
- Writing and debugging back-end code for Drupal (including but not limited to):
- Drupal’s key APIs
- Custom module writing, converting, and editing for Drupal 7/8/9
- Working with advanced Drupal 8 tools such as Drush, Composer, Configuration Management, Plugins, Services, etc.
- Drupal 8/9 site-building tasks (including but not limited to):
- Enabling and configuring modules
- Settings, configurations, views, menus, view modes
- Managing a local development environment and working with command line tools.
- Assisting as needed with content modeling and architecting solutions.
- Performing or assisting with QA.
- Attending scheduled stand-ups with the project team to provide updates.
- Collaborating, planning, and completing development tasks.
- Peer reviewing co-worker and client code changes.
- Assisting with back-end performance assessments and improvements.
- Providing insight to help improve Drupal expertise of co-workers, contractors, and clients.
- Documenting and evaluating requests from clients.
- Setting priorities, expectations, and communicating with project managers and/or clients around project needs and task progress.
We’re Looking For
- Professional code or other examples of systems you've designed or implemented relevant to enterprise CMS development.
- Knowledge of Drupal coding best practices and security standards.
- Used Git and Gitflow for version control in past professional roles.
- Experience with pull requests and peer review workflow.
- Familiarity working within an agile workflow and project ticketing systems.
- Has a well-rounded understanding of Drupal-adjunct technologies such as the LAMP platform, and Drupal theming.
- Ability to plan, run, and write automated tests with tools such as PHPUnit or Nightwatch.
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills.
- Has a professional, collaborative, and proactive approach to people and problems.
- The ability to use the following skills on a daily basis: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, and honesty.
- A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism.
- Team player with proven ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines.
- Self-directed: able to work independently and within a virtual team, and consistently manage your own time and tasks.
- A desire for a healthy work/life balance: though additional work may sometimes be necessary, we plan for a 40 hour work week.
- DevOps knowledge.
- Knowledge of Docker-based local development environments.
- Familiarity with accessibility best-practices.
- Familiarity with developer tools available in modern browsers.
- Familiarity with managed hosting services and deployment tools.
- Been an active member of an open-source web community.
- Worked with large teams, 5+ people, on large projects from start to finish.
- Two or more years enterprise-level Drupal development experience or equivalent relevant experience required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology is a bonus.
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per year in the United States for client on-sites and company events. Travel will be limited initially due to Covid-19 considerations.
- We are looking for a full-time (40 hours per week), U.S.- or Canada-based employee. Must be legally eligible to work in one of these locations and overlap 4 hours of your schedule to typical US work time zones (8 am ET to 6 pm PT). Specific hours may vary based on client needs.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our applicant tracking system using the Apply For This Job button. This position is open until filled.
Starting Salary Range: $75,000-102,500 USD annually, pay will be commensurate with experience.
Chances are good that working for Lullabot will be like nothing you've ever done before. Lullabot has been a leader in Drupal web development since our founding in 2006. We’re a distributed company without a central office, and our team is spread out across the U.S., Canada, South America, and Europe. We are masters of communication and our tightly-knit team works very closely despite geographical separation. In fact, most new employees say they feel more connected to their co-workers at Lullabot than they ever did at a conventional co-located company.
Lullabot is a 100% employee-owned ESOP, and the majority of our team are full-time employee-owners. We provide a great benefits package including health, vision, dental, and life insurance; a retirement plan; a generous tech stipend for employees to purchase computers, cell phones, or other work-related expenses; and an annual professional development budget. We offer new employees 15 paid-days-off per year, 20 paid-days-off per year after your two-year anniversary, and 25 paid-days-off after your seven-year anniversary. In addition, we offer a four-week paid Sabbatical once an employee hits 10 years with Lullabot. (Plus holidays!) And did we mention there's no commute? Your time is flexible as well, so if you need to take a break to pick the kids up from school, it's not a problem.
We have flexible hours, but we tend to schedule meetings during the North American workday and expect employees to be online and available during most of this time. Self-direction, an approachable and confident attitude, and a focus on quality over quantity are some of the things we look for. We work from both the head and the heart and guide our decisions by our Core Values.
Lullabot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Our EEO policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
One more thing...
We strive to be transparent about our timeline and welcome you to reach out to Human Resources at email@example.com to touch base on your application at any time. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.