Lullabot built Tugboat to rapidly deploy and share previews of their work with stakeholders. Tugboat automatically builds ephemeral environments in a way that is adaptable to a variety of DevOps and CI/CD workflows. It is hosted on Linode and built with Node.JS, Docker, React, and MongoDB. ✨
The successful candidate will be able to manage themselves in a 100% remote-work environment and possess excellent communication habits in order to work well with other team members and customers. Equally important is that this individual will aspire to embody our Core Values:
- Inspire & Empower - share what you know and attempt to make those around you better than yourself.
- Be Human - strive to be honest, humane, friendly, caring, and humble.
- Kick Ass - be awesome and do work that you can be proud of.
- Invent & Innovate - seek out new possibilities and solutions to create success.
- Collaborate Openly - work as a team with sharing and trust to accomplish more.
- Have Fun - focus on the positive and downplay competition and negativism.
Lullabot is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to be a place where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and feel safe while doing so. We not only believe this is a core part of our Be Human value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!
- Fixing bugs
- Implementing features
- Pragmatic refactoring
- Writing tests
- Organizing maintenance cadence
- Writing and maintaining documentation
- Participating in conversations of product roadmap and long-term vision of Tugboat
We’re Looking For
- Someone who is excited to contribute across all parts of the stack
- Proficiency in React (class components and hooks), must be able to tweak existing React code and write new features
- Excellent Node.js skills
- Strong understanding of NoSQL databases like Mongodb in a Node.js environment
- Experience with Socket.io for Tugboat's dashboard web app
- Familiarity working with front-end technologies like Sass and Webpack
- Comfort on the Linux command-line
- Vagrant experience
- Jenkins experience
- Open source contributions and maintainership experience
- Release management experience
- Befunge familiarity
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per year in the United States for retreats, meetings, on-sites, etc. Travel will be limited initially due to Covid-19 considerations.
- 3-5+ years of experience building web application software.
- We are looking for a full-time (40 hours per week), U.S.- or Canada-based employee. Must be legally eligible to work in one of these locations and overlap 4 hours of your schedule to typical US work time zones (8 am ET to 6 pm PT). Specific hours may vary based on client needs.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our applicant tracking system at https://lullabot.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=28&source=aWQ9OA%3D%3D. Don’t forget to link to your portfolio or code samples. Our first round of interviews will be held in December. This position is open until filled.
Salary Range: $70,000-$105,000 USD annually, pay will be commensurate with experience.
Chances are good that working for Lullabot will be like nothing you've ever done before. Lullabot has been a leader in Drupal web development since our founding in 2006. We’re a distributed company without a central office, and our team is spread out across the U.S., Canada, South America, and Europe. We are masters of communication and our tightly-knit team works very closely despite geographical separation. In fact, most new employees say they feel more connected to their co-workers at Lullabot than they ever did at a conventional co-located company.
Lullabot is a 100% employee-owned ESOP, and the majority of our team are full-time employee-owners. We provide a great benefits package including health, vision, dental, and life insurance; a retirement plan; a generous tech stipend for employees to purchase computers, cell phones, or other work-related expenses; and an annual professional development budget. We offer new employees 15 paid-days-off per year, 20 paid-days-off per year after your two-year anniversary, and 25 paid-days-off after your seven-year anniversary. In addition, we offer a four-week paid Sabbatical once an employee hits 10 years with Lullabot. (Plus holidays!) And did we mention there's no commute? Your time is flexible as well, so if you need to take a break to pick the kids up from school, it's not a problem.
We have flexible hours, but we tend to schedule meetings during the North American workday and expect employees to be online and available during most of this time. Self-direction, an approachable and confident attitude, and a focus on quality over quantity are some of the things we look for. We work from both the head and the heart and guide our decisions by our Core Values.
Lullabot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Our EEO policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
One more thing...
We strive to be transparent about our timeline and welcome you to reach out to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to touch base on your application at any time. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify Human Resources.