About Mythic Digital
Mythic Digital specializes in crafting bespoke web applications for our clients from design to delivery with experience assisting companies in health care, non-profit, government, e-commerce, and education. We are a marketing technology partner with over a decade of experience combining our talents in strategy, design, development, and DevOps to create personalized digital experiences with enterprise organizations. We are a fully remote company.
About The Role
We’re looking for a reliable and communicative back-end developer who specializes in Drupal to partner with for engagements beyond our resourcing capacity. This position is for a consistent share of part-time to full-time contracting work, with hiring full-time as an employee potential in the future (if desired). You can make your own schedule to complete your work but all we ask is you’re available for a couple meetings with our team every week.
As a back-end developer with Mythic Digital, your responsibilities may include…
- Working with Mythic Digital to understand the way we do things, our technical approach and our project structure.
- Implementing requirements described in a technical plan, including site building, configuration management, and writing custom code (including integrating with Drupal’s hooks, events, plugin system, etc.).
- Overseeing of Drupal web projects and ongoing support/maintenance.
- Communicating with clients and making recommendations based on their needs or opportunities you see.
- Working with clients or project managers to communicate technical needs/expectations and prioritize work.
- Writing documentation, user stories, and specifications for other developers.
- Completing security updates for Drupal core and contrib.
- Participating in QA and code review.
- Keeping regular communication with Mythic Digital via Slack & project management tools.
- Working closely with other development teams
- Be located in the United States
- Experience working with Drupal building and configuring websites (e.g. creating content types, and views).
- Familiarity with collaborative development tools such as Git
- Experience with agile development methodologies (like Scrum)
- Experience working on a remote/distributed team
- Experience with Drupal's top contributed modules
- Strong communication skills
- An ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Strong self-management skills
- An ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- The ability to accurately track your time and submit time logs weekly
- Active member in the Drupal community, or other open-source projects
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and best practices
- Experience with DevOps platforms like Heroku, Acquia Cloud, Pantheon, or Platform.sh
- Experience with DevOps tooling like Ansible
Please be aware that a successful candidate will be subject to a background check.