Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
Pantheon is building a best-in-classCustomer Education Team. As a Technical Instructional Designer, you’ll design and develop engaging and interactive product training in collaboration with Technical Documentation, Developer Advocacy, our Customer Success teams, and other cross-functional stakeholders. In this role, you’ll translate your knowledge of the Pantheon platform into courses that help our customers be successful.
We’re looking for a Technical Instructional Designer experienced with cloud-based SaaS web development workflows and deep expertise in designing and developing engaging and effective learning experiences for our customers and partners. As an early member of our Customer Education team, you will have significant influence on curriculum design and execution.
Prior experience working with cloud-native technology in a technical training or instructional design role is required.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Work closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to analyze and address customer training needs, turning requirements into courses and learning paths that drive behavior change and improve the performance of our customers, partners, and internal teams
- Design inclusive and accessible learning content that adheres to Pantheon’s branding and standards
- Using the latest e-learning technology, develop high-quality, interactive asynchronous courses, VILT, workshops, videos, and labs
- Build assessment and feedback mechanisms to validate customer learning, engagement, and performance
- Manage projects and deliverables to meet deadlines, working with the team to effectively estimate, monitor, adjust, and communicate changes as needed
- Help create and maintain the technical systems and environments used in customer portal development and hands-on labs
- Be a mentor to other Pantheors on best practices for adult learning, instructional design, and customer education solutions
- Gain a working knowledge of Pantheon’s functional and technological product areas
What you Bring to the Table
- You have a deep knowledge of adult learning theories, instructional design, customer education, and the tools used to create quality learning experiences.
- You have experience developing scalable learning experiences across delivery and content types (e-learning, VILT, gamification, microlearning, simulation, etc.).
- You are able to transform technical topics into engaging and informative learning experiences.
- You have experience with modern e-learning tools (Camtasia, Articulate 360 Suite, Vyond/GoAnimate)
- You have a track record of working in a project-driven environment, prioritizing workload and delivering on time, with high quality, and to standards.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills and diverse experience working with customers, stakeholders, and team members.
- You have experience navigating learning management systems or learning experience platforms and virtual meeting platforms, such as Zoom.
- You are familiar with the software development product life cycle and with the open source software ecosystem.
- You are tech savvy and enjoy self-driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You have a current portfolio with publicly available instructional design samples.
- You are familiar with IaaS cloud services and containers, as well as local development tools and integrations.
- You have experience with Drupal and WordPress site development.
- You have an understanding of monitoring tools, CI/CD workflows, advanced caching techniques, and/or decoupled site development.
- You have xAPI or adaptive learning experience.