Build the platform that powers search for digital experiences for enterprises across the globe
SearchStax is on a mission to make powerful search easy for enterprises across the globe. The market is growing fast; with our current product and upcoming roadmap, 100s of brand-name customers, and our A+ team, we have the confidence to create something highly valuable for years to come.
About the Role
SearchStax is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join a new Shared Services team. The Shared Services team will use modern cloud technologies to build web applications, frameworks and apis that can be shared across SearchStax Products as well as used by external partners. In this role, you would join our collaborative, forward-thinking development team that supports our products and customers. You will be building Account Management, User Management, Subscription Management, Billing, External APIs and more. Our team thrives in an environment built on collaboration, trust, innovation and hard work. We look for people who are smart, fun, enthusiastic, passionate about technology and want to work in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like a good fit for you, let’s talk!
Our tech stack: Python, Django, AWS (RDS, S3), MongoDB, Redis, Apache Solr & Elasticsearch. We follow modified Agile Scrum with 2-week sprints, daily standups. The engineering team is a fully remote team across US and Europe.
- Design, develop, operate, optimize, and maintain microservices in a distributed architecture
- Coming up with feasible and practical solutions to tough problems.
- Partner closely with product management to understand and provide feedback on feature requirements
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows
- Successfully collaborate cross functionally across engineering groups at SearchStax
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation
- Mentor and coach junior team members on code quality and software design
- Drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Conduct peer design/code reviews.
- Technical subject matter expert, who mentors fellow engineers, demonstrates technical experience and leads teams in solving challenging problems
- Provide operational support for SearchStax applications
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, including SaaS application development
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Proficiency with Python in a production environment.
- 2+ years of experience working with Django web framework
- Familiar with at least one auth and identity protocol such as OAuth 2.0, OIDC, or SAML.
- Expertise in developing and working with thoughtfully designed REST APIs and SDKs.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with RDBMS.
- Strong communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to understand large codebases and extract components that can be converted into microservice.
- Understanding what it means to craft software that is a part of a larger microservice architecture.
- Comfortable with tuning application performance and engineering for scalability.
Nice to have
- Demonstrated Experience building Subscription or Billing Management feature set or software component
- Experience with building CI/CD and Docker containers