SearchStax is on a mission to empower teams across the globe to deliver cloud-based search applications and experiences faster and with more confidence. The market is growing fast; With our current product and upcoming roadmap, 100s of brand-name customers, and our A+ team, we have the confidence to create something highly valuable for years to come.
About the Role
SearchStax Engineering team is responsible for designing, architecting, developing, testing, and maintaining SearchStax’s PaaS/SaaS products that serve hundreds of customers across the globe. We have an ambitious roadmap and are looking for an experienced software engineer to come help us accelerate our roadmap and build high-quality software products.
Our tech stack: Python, Django, AWS (RDS, S3)), Terraform, Ansible, MongoDB, Redis, Apache Solr & Elasticsearch. We follow modified Agile Scrum with 2-week sprints, daily standups and are a fully remote team across the globe (US, Europe, India).
- Architecting and developing web, software, and mobile apps.
- Coming up with feasible and practical solutions to tough problems.
- Write very high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain with tests.
- Drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Work and succeed in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Identify and drive improvements to our software and development processes.
- Conduct peer design/code reviews.
- Work with distributed teams across different time zones.
- Technical subject matter expert, who mentors fellow engineers, demonstrates technical experience and leads teams in solving challenging problems.
- Provide fanatical production support for your features and applications.
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, including SaaS application development
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Proficiency with Python in a production environment.
- 2+ years of experience working with Django web framework
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform and Ansible
- Familiar with at least one auth and identity protocol such as OAuth 2.0, OIDC, or SAML.
- Expertise in developing and working with thoughtfully designed REST APIs and SDKs.
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Strong communication and comprehension skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding what it means to craft software that is a part of a larger microservice architecture.
- Comfortable with tuning application performance and engineering for scalability.
Nice to have
- A BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Involvement in open-source projects like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr
How We'll Support You:
- Work in a fully remote/flexible environment with a group of highly talented, diverse and driven team members.
- The tools, technology and resources you need to be successful in your role, including a computer of your choice.
- Competitive salary with bonus and equity potential.
- Medical, dental and vision paid at 100% for employees.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and holidays).